Saturday, June 12, 2010

Even more undignified than this

This week there is a high school youth group here from Chapel Rock Christian Church in Indiana. Last night, we had a youth concert with them and the youth of Lifeline’s church, and we brought the house down! (In light of recent events in Haiti, I just want to clarify that nothing literally came down, and everything is still firmly standing after last night.) It was an incredible three hours. They would sing a few songs and then the American students would perform something. Some men of Lifeline’s church have a wonderful brass ensemble and they also played beautiful jazz music. Many musical talents that God has given were displayed last night. I also had the opportunity to sing with my Haitian friend, Gracienne. She taught me a beautiful song in Creole earlier this week. Towards the end, there was much dancing and singing unto the Lord. It was so much fun for everyone to be able to worship our God together in song and dance, despite a language barrier. It makes me so excited for heaven some day! I’ve experienced incredible worship here in Haiti many times, but that was just, wow, a whole new level! I’m reminded of David in 2 Samuel 6:5 that says, “David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the Lord, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals.” And later in verse 21-22 when David says, “I will celebrate before the Lord. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.” I need to be so passionate about praising the Lord that I’m willing to look foolish before men and forego my dignity (appreciation of the formality or gravity of an occasion or situation) in order to praise the Lord!